HP provides a variety of cost-effective and excellent printer models. Every HP model, including the Envy, DeskJet, OfficeJet, and LaserJet, offers advanced features for printing and scanning. When you purchase a new one, you must know how to set it up correctly. You will now want support from the 123.hp.com/setup site. It provides drivers that are compatible with your printer model and the HP Easy Start app.
This guide will provide you with all the information you need to setup and connect your printer to your computer.
Installing HP Printer via 123.hp.com: Basic Steps
Unpack your printer device carefully before configuring it. It must be carefully unpacked since any damage done to it during this procedure could affect how well it functions.
- Carefully remove the HP printer's packaging.
- Remove the device's packaging materials. Take out the accessories' packing materials as well.
- Place your printer on a level, steady surface.
- Make sure it's close to the outlet on the wall.
Install Ink Cartridges on Your HP Printer
Before starting the 123.hp.com setup procedure, make sure the cartridges are installed correctly.
- Carefully open the cartridge's access door.
- Now remove the cartridge from the printer's package.
- Remove the tri-color cartridge and place it on the left side of the printer carriage.
- Press the cartridge lid gently until it fits into place.
- Now remove the black cartridge and place it in the right side of the carriage.
- Shut down your printer. On its control panel, select "OK."
- The paper input tray can be pulled out.
- Place a stack of plain paper on the plate.
- Press ‘Yes’ to confirm the loading of the paper.
- Your printer will print an alignment page.
- Scan this page to complete the calibration process.
- Open the lid of the scanner and put the alignment page on the lower right part of the scanner bed.
- Press ‘OK’ on the printer’s control panel so that the page scans.
Connect Your HP 123 Printer
Installing the printer driver is the next step. The connection can be established wirelessly, over Ethernet, or via USB.
1. Connect HP printer to Wi-Fi
- Turn on your HP 123 touchscreen printer if you have one.
- Click the touchscreen 'Setup' button.
- Click "Network Setup" now.
- Next, select "HP Wireless Setup."
- Click on the "HP Wireless Setup Wizard" menu item.
- From the list of available networks, select one and enter the password.
- Click "OK."
- Turn on your HP 123 printer (if it doesn't have a touchscreen) and hold down the "Wireless" button.
- The wireless light will blink after three seconds.
- The router's WPS button needs to be held at this point. Continue until the WPS light begins to blink.
- Now, after a few minutes, your HP 123 printer will connect to the Wi-Fi.
2. Configure a USB printer connection
- Find the computer's USB cable.
- Verify that the USB port on your PC is open.
- To install the HP Smart app, navigate to the HP Smart-Microsoft Store.
- Follow the instructions to configure your HP 123 printer's connection.
3. Use Ethernet to connect the HP printer.
- Verify that your printer and router are assigned Ethernet ports.
- Turn on the HP printer that you own.
- Connect the printer's port on one end of the Ethernet cord to the router's port on the other.
Download drivers for your HP printer
Finally, after connecting the HP printer, you can use 123.hp.com/setup to download drivers and software. Use these steps to do it.
- Go to hp.com/setup in any browser.
- Click the "Support" button.
- Select "Software and Drivers".
- Choose 'Printer' and enter the model number of the device.
- Select your operating system next, and then click "Download."
- Open the file once the hp.com/setup scan and print drivers have been downloaded.
- Accept every clause in the agreement.
- Allow the installation to finish.
Hopefully, you have learned every aspect of configuring your printer via the 123.hp.com/setup website. Once you have the correct directions, the process is fairly simple. For additional help with HP printers, speak with a professional online.