The HP OJ Pro 6968 All-in-One Printer gets its name from its printing, scanning, scan and fax. In addition, the HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 easily connects to your computer via WiFi, Ethernet cable or via USB to produce quality prints. Of course, you can print directly from your mobile using the HP Smart app or by connecting the printer directly through WiFi settings.
If you are looking for a reliable solution to connect the HP Office Pro 6968 printer to your computer (Windows or Mac), luckily you are at the right place. This quick setup guide covers all the information needed to complete the process of connecting the printer to the computer. Let's dig into it.
Quick steps to prepare your HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer to connect to a computer
You must perform a few initial customs before setting up your printer and computer. It will allow a speedy computer connection for your HP OfficeJet Pro 6968.
- Make sure your printer is fully unpacked: Nothing packing related should be left inside.
- Make sure your printer is fully unpacked: The HP OfficeJet Pro 6968, PC, and router should all be positioned close together. Keep the devices at least five feet apart from one another, free from any network barriers.
- Keep gadgets close together and maintained: Check that your router is working properly and has enough bandwidth. It works best to restart your router before setting it up.
- The router signal should remain strong: Public networks present connectivity issues for HP printers. It's always good to connect with a private network.
- Use your own network SSID: Make sure that you are connecting your computer and printer over the same WiFi network. Choosing a different network won’t let your printer to print.
- Install the latest HP OJ 6968 driver: Drivers are an essential piece of software to help your printer to communicate with a computer to understand the print command and deliver the output. You can get the drivers and firmware update from the 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 printer.
Steps to setup HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 to system
- Step 1: Press the power button on your HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer, connect it to the main power source, and wait for it to complete set up.
- Step 2: Load the stack of paper into the input tray. To avoid paper jams during printing, only insert the number of sheets that are empty.
- Step 3: Place the ink cartridges in the right slots. Avoid touching the copper contacts on the cartridges when unpacking them, and never leave them exposed to the air. Before installing, make sure the orange safety tape is taken out of the nozzle. Place the cartridges into the slots according to the color coding.
- Step 4: Verify that your computer or system is turned on, active, and running properly.
- Step 5: Click Add a Printer or Scanner after selecting Printers and Scanners from the Settings menu.
- Step 6: At this point, your computer will begin scanning the area for printers. If it finds an HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer, the name should show up on the screen.
- Step 7: The next step is to download and install the most recent drivers for your system by following the instructions displayed on the screen. To increase the efficiency of your printer, you must continually check for new drivers once every three months.
- Step 8: Click the Add Device button after the drivers have been installed.
- Step 9: To complete the printer setup, retrieve the WPS pin from your OJ 6968 printer, input it into your computer, and click next.
Challenges you may face while connecting HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer to PC (Solutions)
- Issue 1: Your HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer is not being detected by your computer.
- Solution 1: There may be a number of reasons why you are unable to connect your printer to your computer. These are some effective troubleshooting steps to resolve it.
- Disconnect the USB cable after disconnecting it. Make sure the cord is in good condition and isn't frayed.
- When your PC prompts you to connect the USB cable, always do so.
- Verify that there is enough bandwidth, high speed, and stability on the network.
- It's possible that your computer and printer are connected to different wireless networks. To resolve the issue, get them connected to a shared WiFi network.
Problem 2. HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 Printer shows offline even when the router is responding properly
- Solution 2. HP OfficeJet 6968 pro printer offline is a common problem that can prevent your printer from delivering prints or prevent it from responding to your commands. Follow the instructions below to resolve this issue. Select your HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer as the default device in the Print and Scan section.
- Make sure Use offline printer is not selected in the printer settings.
- Restart the router to return it to the active state.
- Delete the pending print job from the print queue to clear the problem.
Having trouble connecting HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer to PC? Call the experts now
Connecting the HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer to the computer will be a fun time, only if you do it right. Otherwise, it will be a messy and time-consuming process. If you need any help in HP printer configuration or have any query regarding HP OJ Pro 6968 printer configuration, you can contact us at HP helpline number 1-800-673-8163. Our service is available 24/7 to help you.