HP printers offer the convenience of wired and wireless connection options. In this article, we will guide you through connecting your HP printer to a wireless network on Windows and Mac operating systems.
Connecting Your HP Printer to a Wireless Network Using Wi-Fi Protected Setup
Make sure that both your computer and your HP printer are connected to the same wireless network in order to connect the printer to it. To successfully connect your HP printer to Wi-Fi, follow these steps:
- Turn on your HP printer first.
- Open the HP touch screen, move the cursor to the right, and choose "Setup"
- Click the "Wireless Setup Wizard" option from the Network Menu.
- The wizard will look for nearby wireless router access points that are currently available.
- From the list of networks that are available, pick your Wireless Network ID.
- When prompted, enter the wireless password for your network, either WEP or WPA, and click "Done."
- To verify the wireless configuration, click "OK."
- Following these instructions should help you fix any problems with your HP printer not connecting to the Wi-Fi network.
Connecting Your HP Printer to Wi-Fi Using the WPS Button Method
As an alternative, you can use WPS to configure your HP printer on your Wi-Fi network. Observe these guidelines:
- Put your printer close to the WiFi router.
- Your printer's wireless light should begin to flash after five seconds of pressing and holding the Wi-Fi button.
- Next, wait until the connection procedure starts, or hit and hold the WPS button on your router, for approximately two minutes.
- Once the printer has joined to your Wi-Fi network, wait for the wireless light on it to stop flashing. Any problems with your HP printer not connecting to Wi-Fi should be fixed by doing this.
- Once your printer is successfully configured on the network, move on to the following step to find out how to connect your HP printer to Wi-Fi on Mac or Windows computers.
- You can do a printer checkup with our Diagnostic Tool if you're still having trouble fixing the problem.
Steps to Connect Your HP Wireless (Wi-Fi) Printer on Windows
It is very simple to connect your HP printer to a wireless network on a Windows computer. Take these actions:
- Make that the Wi-Fi router, Windows computer, and HP printer are all turned on.
- Check to make sure your PC and printer are linked correctly.
- To configure your HP printer on your Wi-Fi network, follow the previously specified instructions.
- Launch your computer's web browser and navigate to 123.hp.com to obtain the HP printer driver.
- Select the printer model you own from the list.
- Select the option to download. Double-click the driver program after the download is finished, then follow the on-screen directions to finish installing it on your computer.
- Use the Windows search bar to get to the "Control Panel."
- Then choose "Devices and Printers."
- From the window that opens next, select "Add Printer".
- On your screen, a list of HP printer models will show up. After choosing your model, press "Next." Await the completion of the setup.
- Now that your HP wireless printer is set up on your Windows computer, all problems relating to your HP printer not connecting to Wi-Fi on Windows should be resolved.
Steps to Connect Your HP Wireless (Wi-Fi) Setup on Mac OS
To set up the Wi-Fi connection for your HP printer on your Mac device, adhere to following guidelines:
- Make that the Wi-Fi router, Mac, and HP printer are all turned on.
- Make sure your Mac is linked to your wireless router and printer correctly.
- As stated in the first section of this post, make sure your Mac and HP printer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Go to 123.hp.com/dj and select the option for downloading the printer driver.
- Use the HP Easy Smart App's instructions to install the driver software on your Mac.
- Go to System Preferences and select "Printers and Scanners."
- To add your HP printer, click the '+' symbol in the 'Printers and Scanners' window.
- After a list of printers appears, choose your HP wireless printer and click "Add."
- The problem of your HP printer not connecting to Wi-Fi on your Mac will be fixed after your printer is configured.
- These steps ought to assist you in setting up your HP printer for Wi-Fi connectivity on Mac and Windows computers.